Association of Hispanic School Administrators

What is AHSA? 

 

AHSA is a professional organization for employees of Houston ISD and surrounding school districts dedicated to developing and advancing school leaders that can best help better the lives of students we serve. Additionally, AHSA has adopted philanthropy of supporting rising school leaders and donates nearly $20,000 in scholarships to individuals pursuing a career in education. Since our inception, AHSA has rewarded nearly half-million dollars to this cause and continues to award more scholarships each year. 

 

 

 

Scholarships

The Association of Hispanic School Administrators provides scholarships for Hispanic high school seniors entering an accredited college and pursuing a career in education. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, personal qualities and strengths of the applicant. AHSA also provides the Balfour Higher Education Scholarship annually. Recipients of the Balfour Scholarship are members of AHSA that pursue an advanced degree in education. To apply for an AHSA scholarship, please select the links below:

 

AHSA HS Scholarship Application

 

AHSA Higher ED Scholarship Application

 

R.Ibarra Scholarship for Sam Houston MSTC students

 

R. Ibarra Scholarship Application Guidelines

 

Why AHSA?

 

The focus of AHSA is to not only support and develop more school leaders for the Hispanic communities in Houston but to create a network of individuals who can share their skills and experience with one another to help pave the road for future generations through mentorship, professional development, and networking events. Through our professional development and networking events, members have the opportunity to share resources and learn from each other while supporting graduating seniors from HISD pursuing a field in education.

 

Members

Becoming a member of AHSA has several benefits. Along with the ability to network with district and school leaders, member to AHSA includes multiple professional development opportunities each year, scholarships for those pursuing a graduate degree in education, and the opportunity to share resources with other colleagues dedicated to advancing student achievement. The cost of membership for AHSA. is $150 each year and members can choose to pay their membership dues through a check or HISD payroll deduction. The Association of Hispanic School Administrators Board has committed to utilizing 80% of all membership dues and funds raised each year towards student scholarships. The remaining 20% is utilized to cover the expenses of the events we host. 

Consultation

In addition to hosting networking events, scholarship fundraisers and professional development, AHSA represent the collective voice of the organization's members at monthly Houston ISD consultation meetings. At the consultation, AHSA represents its members to work together and consult Houston ISD on policy and practices that best advance academic achievement for the students the district serves. Please click the link below for minutes from our most recent consultation meeting. Consultation Meeting Minutes.

 

Events

The Association of Hispanic School Administrators provides a variety of events for our membership to partake and engage with each other. Monthly, AHSA hosts a scholarship fundraiser and networking event for new and current members. At these events, members have the opportunity to network with one another and bring colleagues to become new members of the organization. Each semester, AHSA. will host at least one professional development with a variety of topics to benefit school leaders. Additionally. each April, AHSA hosts an annual golf tournament to raise funds for the organization's scholarship recipients. 

© AHSA 2019

FOLLOW US:

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon